Friday, December 31, 2010

Trauma Center: Under the Knife (DS) - Session 2

Total Play Time: ~1:30


What Happened This Session:
I got stuck! When I played yesterday I did a practicing session where I drew a star in order to activate the healing touch. Today, when I picked it up, my surgery was going well - and then everything went wrong and the nurse told me to activate the healing touch! Problem is... I couldn't figure out how, and I only got about 20 seconds worth of trying before the operation failed. I know I drew a star before, so I tried drawing a star again, with a whole bunch of different tools and magnifications selected (as many as the 20 sec would allow). I have tried this mission 5-6 times, and am officially, completely stuck. The only thing I can think of doing is going online to figure out what to do.

What I Liked:
Same stuff as last time.

What I Didn't Like:
I got stuck! There was nothing to help me, no way to go back and re-read anything from the last mission that might have helped, and only 20 seconds each time to try and figure out what to do. Obviously I did not learn something vital in the last episode, and there is no clear way for me to learn it now.

Something else I've been thinking about in relation to this game - when I was talking to my mom about it (I'm home for New Year's) she mentioned that she hates it when games are stressful. I think that's why I'm so on the fence about this one - I sort of think the pressure makes the game feel more interesting, but I also sort of dislike it. Like I mentioned before, I tend to feel a little more stressed after I am finished playing - which really makes me question if I'm actually having fun, per se. :)

How Do I Feel About Continuing?:
I guess I'll look the game up online and see how to activate the Healing Touch - but I'm in no big hurry. :)

*EDIT*
After looking it up online, I can see I'm not the only one who's had this problem. The solution is hard to reach if you've missed the initial teaching (which I think was very easy to miss) because it is very different from anything else you do in game - the answer is to click on the glove tool two times in a row, and then you will see a star to draw. You don't do anything like this anywhere else in gameplay, so it would have made more sense to really drill this procedure into the player in the tutorial section.

No comments:

Post a Comment