Monday, December 27, 2010

Introduction

Welcome!

So in the last year or so I've been thinking a lot more seriously about shifting my focus from art & animation to design - or at the very least trying to understand game design better. As you've probably seen on my other blog, I've taken some small steps in that direction this year with Game Jams and personal experiments, but my biggest problem has always been thus: I don't play nearly enough games.

The main reason is because I just don't like playing games - I LOVE games, but I would classify it as an academic sort of love. I love them for what they are to other people, and what they can become. I want to take them forward. But to do any of that, I need to get over this hump and really start digging in to understand what's currently out there - and maybe why I don't like to play games. Who knows, maybe I can figure out what's keeping my demographic (girls, 20-30) from playing a lot of games?

This game journal is for me to make a record of what I like and don't like about the games that I try, so that I can start better understanding my own tastes, and game design in general. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment